- ROTE (roll-on tamper evident): this is a screwcap, of the sort
found on blended whisky bottles and their ilk. In Australia they
are commonly known by the brand name 'Stelvin'.
- 'Reference 2' cork: a 44 mm length natural cork
- 'Reference 3' cork: a 38 mm length natural cork
- Altec: a 'technical cork' or agglomerate, made from little bits
of cork glued together (made by Sabaté)
- One-plus-one 'Twintop': a technical cork made by sandwiching and
agglomerate cork between two discs of natural cork (made by Amorim)
Moulded synthetic corks (where plastic is squeezed into a
- Aegis (Southcorp)
Extruded synthetic corks (plastic core is extruded, coated and
then chopped up):
Three different synthetic corks, the first two of
the moulded type and the third extruded.